Special services for your growing needs.
As growers ourselves, we understand firsthand how important it is to be treated well with great service by your supplier. You are not an inconvenience to us! We are happy to answer your questions and provide the information you need to ensure the success of our products.
Our lab offers three different products
- Unrooted microcuttings (stage 2) – these are shoots or plant divisions, grown in the lab (in vitro), that are generally 3/4 to two inches long and that are ready to be rooted. Unrooted microcuttings are often easily rooted.
- Stage 3 microcuttings – these are shoots or plant divisions, grown in the lab, that are normally one to two inches tall and have been placed on a rooting media to encourage rooting. Plantlets are larger in size and may or may not have roots. They are usually very easily established.
- Rooted microcuttings – these are rooted shoots or plant divisions, grown in the lab, that are normally one to two inches tall with nicely formed (in vitro) roots already developing.
For shipment, we remove these microcuttings from the laboratory containers. We then thoroughly grade the microcuttings, count and repack them. These microcuttings should be planted and then placed in mist tents, fog or another high humidity area.
As a service to our customers, we provide consulting and an in-depth handout on successful establishment procedures for these microcuttings. Just call and we’ll be happy to answer your questions or send you the information that you need.
In addition to our choice starter plants from tissue culture, Mountain Shadow Nursery also provides the following services to meet your needs:
- Custom Propagation
- Exclusive Contract Propagation
- New Plant Introduction
- VarietaI Improvement Recommendations
Contact us today. We’d like to help your business grow and flourish.